Childbirth Education & Lactation
Serving Greater Lansing, MI
Sat, Mar 04|
Rooted Counseling - Old Town Lansing
Birth Essentials Class - March 4th
A shortened childbirth class for busy expectant parents covering just the basics of labor and birth.
Time & Location
Mar 04, 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Rooted Counseling - Old Town Lansing, 111 E César E. Chávez Ave, Lansing, MI 48906, USA
About The Event
This is a mini-childbirth class focused on just the essentials for labor and birth. Based on the the Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices and designed to build your confidence, educate yourself about what to expect, know your options, and empower yourself to have a safe, satisfying birth experience.
Your class will cover the following topics:
- Pre-Labor Signs
- Understanding the stages and phases of labor and birth, what is normal and how to cope.
- Comfort techniques (breathing, massage, hydrotherapy, relaxation, positioning, partner support),
- Possible Interventions (Thoughtful decision making, Self-advocacy, interventions (monitoring, induction), pain management options),
- Understanding Cesarean (Reducing the risk, Family-Centered Cesarean, anesthesia, Breastfeeding and Recovery),
- Postpartum Self-Care and Warning Signs
Includes a 70 page full-color comprehensive childbirth guide and access code to exclusive companion web app including: more than 50 videos, contraction timer, fetal movement counter, feeding & diaper tracker, printable PDF checklists for your birth plan and birth center/hospital packing list, web links to trusted pregnancy resources and more.
Also includes access to online portal with curated resources provided by Abbie for additional education and information.
Per guidance from the Ingham County Health Department, masks will be optional but not required during the class.
Registration is for the expectant parent and one support person.