Childbirth Education & Lactation
Serving Greater Lansing, MI
Wed, Jun 29|
Lamaze Childbirth Series - 5 Weeks, June 29th - July 27th
A 5 week in-person comprehensive Lamaze course to educate and empower you before giving birth.
Time & Location
Jun 29, 2022, 6:00 PM – Jul 27, 2022, 9:00 PM
Rooted Counseling, 111 E César E. Chávez Ave, Lansing, MI 48906, USA
About The Event
Five Week Series:
Wednesday Evenings, 6:00 - 9:00pm at Rooted Counseling in Old Town Lansing
June 29th - July July 27th
A small group, interactive Lamaze-based comprehensive childbirth class to build your confidence, educate you about your options, and to empower you to have the safest, most satisfying birth experience. Your class will cover the following topics:
- Preparing for birth at the end of pregnancy, pre-labor signs
- Understanding Labor (Managing pain and minimizing fears, the stages and phases of labor, what is normal, and how to cope)
- Comfort techniques (breathing, massage, hydrotherapy, relaxation, positioning, partner support),
- Possible Interventions (Birth planning and thoughtful decision making, Self-advocacy, minimizing risks, pain management options, induction, monitoring),
- Understanding Cesarean (Reducing the risk, Family-Centered Cesarean, anesthesia, Breastfeeding and Recovery),
- Newborn Procedures and Early Days,
- Postpartum Recovery,
- Introduction to Breastfeeding,
Includes a 70 page full-color comprehensive childbirth guide with access code to exclusive companion web app including: more than 50 videos, contraction timer, fetal movement counter, feeding & diaper tracker, printable PDF checklists for your birth plan and birth center/hospital packing list, web links to trusted pregnancy resources and more. Also includes access to curated resources provided by Abbie for additional education and information.
Per guidance from the Ingham County Health Department, masks will be optional but not required during the class. According to Rooted Counseling's policies, masks are required in all other communal spaces in Rooted including the hallways and restrooms when outside of the classroom. This will be re-evaluated as needed and is subject to change at any time.
Preparing for labor in the 3rd Trimester, Preterm Labor, Warning Signs
Pre-labor, Stages and Phases of Labor, Hormones, Pain, Coping Styles
Registration is for the expectant parent and one support person.