Sun, Aug 12|
Abbie Mullins - Childbirth Education and Lactation, LLC
Lamaze Comprehensive Childbirth Preparation
A two-day comprehensive course to educate and empower you before giving birth.
Time & Location
Aug 12, 2018, 10:00 AM – Aug 13, 2018, 6:00 PM
Abbie Mullins - Childbirth Education and Lactation, LLC, 4440 Chancellor Dr, DeWitt, MI 48820, USA
About The Event
Two Day Class
Saturday August 12th from 10am - 6pm (with a 1 hour break for lunch) AND
Sunday August 13th from 1pm - 5pm
A small group, interactive, hands-on Lamaze-based comprehensive childbirth class to build your confidence, to educate you, and to empower you to have the safest, most satisfying birth experience. Your class will cover the following topics:
- Preparing for Birth in the 3rd Trimester
- Comfort techniques (breathing, massage, hydrotherapy, relaxation, positioning, partner support),
- Possible Interventions (Birth planning and thoughtful decision making, Self-advocacy, Minimizing risks, Pain management options, When interventions become medically necessary)
- Understanding Cesarean (Reducing the risk, Family-Centered Cesarean, Anesthesia, Breastfeeding and Recovery),
- Newborn Basics,
- Postpartum Recovery,
- Introduction to Breastfeeding,
- ...and more!
For a more detailed class description, click here
Includes a 70 page full-color comprehensive childbirth guide; access code to exclusive companion web app including: more than 50 videos, contraction timer, fetal movement counter, feeding & diaper tracker, printable PDF checklists for your birth plan and birth center/hospital packing list, web links to trusted pregnancy resources and more.
Classes are offered in a comfortable setting in my home in DeWitt. I have a private office, bathroom, family style lounge area for class comfort complete with projector for videos and slides, and room to work on positioning and comfort techniques. Light refreshments provided.
Register for Class
Registration is for you as well as your support person/coach/significant other. If you are also having a doula for your birth, your doula is welcome to attend for all or part of the session at no additional cost.