Childbirth Education & Lactation
Serving Greater Lansing, MI
Tue, Sep 08|
Virtual Comprehensive Lamaze Childbirth Intensive September
A comprehensive Lamaze course split into four 3-hour segments to educate and empower you before giving birth.
Time & Location
Sep 08, 2020, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About The Event
FOUR DAY CLASS:
Tuesday September 8th from 6pm-9pm
Wednesday September 9th from 6pm-9pm
Thursday September 10th from 6pm-9pm
Sunday September 13th from 2pm-5pm.
A virtual small group, interactive, "hands-on" Lamaze-based comprehensive childbirth class to build your confidence, educate you about your options, and to empower you to have the safest, most satisfying birth experience. Your class will cover the following topics:
- Preparing your body for birth at the end of pregnancy
- Understanding Labor (Managing pain and minimizing fears, the stages and phases of labor, what is normal, and how to cope)
- Comfort techniques (breathing, massage, hydrotherapy, relaxation, positioning, partner support),
- Possible Interventions (Birth planning and thoughtful decision making, Self-advocacy, minimizing risks, pain management options),
- Understanding Cesarean (Reducing the risk, Family-Centered Cesarean, anesthesia, Breastfeeding and Recovery),
- Newborn Basics,
- Postpartum Recovery,
- Introduction to Breastfeeding,
Includes a 70 page full-color comprehensive childbirth guide; access code to exclusive companion web app including: more than 50 videos, contraction timer, fetal movement counter, feeding & diaper tracker, printable PDF checklists for your birth plan and birth center/hospital packing list, web links to trusted pregnancy resources and more.
Classes are offered virtually so you can be relaxed, comfortable, and safe at home!
Registration is for the expectant parent and one support person.